Friday, November 28, 2008

Getting Sealed!!!!!!!!

Can I tell you how happy Jessi and I are?!!! We received a letter from the First Presidency last week granting our family's request to get sealed. Immediately we went into full operations mode to get all the details worked out with the Temple, our local Priesthood leaders, our families, a photographer, and the Olive Garden Restaurant. The day of all days is tomorrow, Saturday, November 29, 2008.

The day we received the letter, I had gone out to the mailbox to check for new mail. Over the last month or so, Jess and I have been vigilantly looking for that special envelope from the First Presidency. Well, on this day, I saw it in there and freaked out! I hurried back to the apartment and woke up Jess from her nap without any reservation, because I knew she would be absolutely ecstatic. I was right. :-)

Generally, people's reactions have included, "It's finally happened!" We have been through one heck of a "process" to get to this point. I don't want to go into any details, but we had significant opposition from outside sources (in addition to the adversary and his minions), and we are very grateful that we have overcome everything that's come our way. The Lord has answered our prayers, and our family is more than ready to enjoy the blessings of the Holy Temple.

1 comment:

The Yates Family said...

Congratulations! What a blessing for your family. And Thanksgiving weekend! Yeah, definitely a Thanksgiving to remember. So happy for you.

Music Interests . . . Past & Present


Some Slideshows