Friday, October 10, 2008

We Miss You, Blondes!!!

Our family spent Conference weekend in the Salt Lake Valley--all eight of us! :) Otherwise, we would've spent a total of six hours driving between Provo & Salt Lake--two hours on Friday, two on Saturday, and two on Sunday. So, to make the stay fun, and to make it palatable for our parents, we stayed in an inexpensive hotel for one night in Draper. The night before that, we sent Aidan, Scott, and Kellan up to Mom & Dad Schone's for a sleepover. (Actually, you could've called it a "stay-up-all-night-over". Those turkeys hardly got a wink of sleep.) While the boys enjoyed their thing, the rest of us went to Mom & Dad Anderson's for the night.

We did a lot of fun things, but after all was said and done, on Sunday evening we still had to take Emma, Scott, and Eliza home. That is NEVER a fun thing. Jess commented to me that that weekend was especially tough to take them back. Since Jess and I got married a couple of years ago, Jess and the Blondes (as we affectionately call them!) have developed a great relationship. I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk Scottie out of being ticked off or sad like Jess has. And Eliza and Jess were buddies before our wedding day. Emma talks with Jess like an adult, and Jess really appreciates Emma's willingness to help with whatever needs to be done. (Thanks, Emma!) Anyway...back to the issue of missing the crap out of the Blondes.

We miss Scotties stories and his prowess in Lego/Bionnicle building. We miss Eliza's sweet disposition that can turn into serious feistiness when her brothers push her buttons. We miss Emma's smile and warm personality. We miss their hugs and the love in their eyes. We miss the utter silliness that erupts into wild (and sometimes annoying) laughter when Emma and Aidan talk and play. We miss their hugs...oh, wait...I already said that...but I don't care, because we REALLY miss their hugs! I miss the silly and serious discussions I have with Emma before she stays up until midnight reading a book. We miss taking walks with Scottie and talking about the bazillions of ideas he has. We miss Eliza's dancing and singing. We miss having them sit at the breakfast table chowing down my awesome pancakes or waffles or Jess's amazing sausage and egg skillet. We miss having Scott and Eliza volunteer to read a verse or two from the Scriptures before bedtime. We miss playing baseball and basketball and riding bikes and scooters. We miss painting rocks with metallic gold spray paint and then selling them to the kids in the quad. We miss paying them to help distribute the stupid monthly Wymount newsletter once a month. (It's not stupid. It just seems like it when you have to put it on 66 doors. :-| ) We miss going up to Squaw Peak and cooking dinner over the fire. I miss telling Emma my stupid jokes and making her laugh until she almost wets her pants. (Thank you for validating my silly/stupid sense of humor, Em! "My name is Ethelinda. What's it to ya?!")

Leaving you guys in Riverton is NEVER a fun thing to do. And so we pray that you remember us with happy thoughts until we scoup you up in our arms again. Family can be a real piece of Heaven, and you Blondes are living proof of that...just like Aidan, Kellan, Jocey, and Jessi! Aidan and Kellan are already counting down the days until you come again, and so are Mom and I. :-) And I think I can speak for Jocey when I say that she can't wait to see you again, too. Until then...

1 comment:

The Yates Family said...

You guys are living in Wymount? That's where I lived when I was at the Y. Don't you love those cinder block walls?! They're so appealing. And do you guys have A/C yet, because when I was there they didn't and the summer was BRUTAL! Anyway, your picture is amazing - Silver Lake is gorgeous right now. I miss that.

Music Interests . . . Past & Present


Some Slideshows