Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blogs are for posting...

I can't tell you how many times I have looked at my blog in the past year and said, "I need to post something."

Well, here's something.

Ok. I guess I should really post something of consequence. How about a list of cool events from the last 12 months?

December 2008: I graduated from Utah Valley University with undergrad in Accounting. Can you say monkey of my back? What a sweet accomplishment!

January 2009: Working for my first employer, Contexo Media, just out of college. Emma turned 12! Wow! We went to the Temple after she obtained her limited-use recommend. :) Kellan turned 7, too. He's already reading Isaiah! Also, got myself a reliable, stylish set of wheels. I am glad that mini-vans are manufactured, particularly by Toyota, but I am sooooo glad that I don't drive one all the time now. :D

February: Scott turned 10...finally in the double digits. :) I was still geeking out about not having to do homework!!!

March: Baptized and confirmed Eliza a member of the Church. What a happy day!!!

April: Went to St. George with Jess, Aidan, Kellan, and Jocey. I swam with the boys in the middle of a rain storm. Jess thought we were crazy. I plead the 5th.

May: Commencement exercises at UVU. I thought this would be an anti-climactic day, but I had tears in my eyes more than I'd care to admit. Jess was majorly instrumental in bringing about this long-awaited day. Thank you, Jessi! (Dang it! I'm crying again!) Also, Jocey turned one! Holy crap she's a cutie! :) Lastly, we moved out of Wymount and into a comfy townhome. We forgot what space was like.

June: This time we went to St. George with the all six kids and Jessica's family. Very good time! We ended up taking a little mini-trip down to the northern rim of the Grand Canyon. At this location, I confirmed my fear of heights quite resoundingly. Yup. We also celebrated Jess's 29th ;-) birthday.

July: Jess and I got away to Park City for a free, romantic overnight stay. It was so much danged fun! We walked Main Street and enjoyed many of the shops and restaurants, plus we had a blast on the alpine slide. We did this two days after I got laid off. What a great way to get our minds off of it. :) (I won't mention my birthday here.)

(I'm listening to Stanton Moore right now. He's a gnarly jazz drummer. [Can I use such a word these days? Yikes!] He's a product of New Orleans and a lot fun to listen to. Try listening to some of his stuff on my playlist toward the bottom of this blog.)

August: Jess and I celebrated our third anniversary! Time has flown by. I can hardly believe we've been married this long. :) Time flies when you're having fun, eh? I feel guilty for not doing a big blog post about how awesome Jess is. She's really good about building me up and making me feel loved. She is so awesome! Couldn't ask for a better wife!!!

September: Jess started her last semester of school. YEEEEEEEHAWWWW!!!! What a sweet thing! Also, we invested in a couple of BYU all-sports passes and haven't regretted it a bit (except for the Florida State and TCU games!). :) Aidan turned 11. One more year and he'll receive the Aaronic Priesthood. Wow!!! I really excited for that!

October: We had the best Halloween costumes this year! Jess and I decided to make this a year to remember. Check it out on Jess's blog! We'll be talking about the good times for years to come. :)

November: Can you say BYU football rocks?!!! The BYU-Utah game was amazing. The score was 13 to 6 at the half, but it felt like we'd cheered BYU to a 90 to nothing lead. I need to get in shape, because I was exhausted after that game. :) Hall to George for the TD.... Oh yeah...I got a new job at VanCrete, but it didn't last long. Read on to find out why.

December: Here we are...the day before I start my new job as a financial analyst for Headwaters Resources, Inc. I had interviewed with them for a senior accountant position, but they changed their minds about what type of position they wanted to hire for. So, I took the VanCrete job since it was the best opportunity available. But about two weeks into my employment, I received a call from Headwaters to interview for the financial analyst position. Things went very well and now I'm heading into what I consider a VERY good career move.

Ok. So how's that for a post? Wait! Are you still reading this? Reward yourself with a quick listen to "Between Something and Nothing" by The Ocean Blue on my playlist below.

1 comment:

Stephanie J said...

Glad to hear about your analyst job. I just read Jess's post about the baby being a girl - congratulations on that, too. I have to say, I'm not sorry for you one bit. You have a great wife, life and family. :) See you on Friday.

Music Interests . . . Past & Present


Some Slideshows